Independent Contractors

Independent contractors are self-employed workers that are hired by businesses. The business will issue a 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous) for payments totaling over $600.00. Independent Contractors are responsible for their own taxes. With the help of your expenses, we can lower your tax liability. Some of the most common contractors are truck drivers, lawn care workers, private investigators, and newspaper carriers. This applies to independent sales consultants such as Avon, MaryKay, Scentsy, Origami Owl, 31, Velata, Grace Adele, Tupperware, Pink Zebra, Pampered Chef, and Miche just to name a few. Our tax professionals have several worksheets and lists available to assist you with finding all of your expenses and deductions. Contact us to find out more information!